Techie, Sci-fi, Gamer… Whatever your favorite geek is into, I think you’ll find something they’ll like.
Austin is a web developer who loves all things Star Wars, Video Games, and Technology. He’d love, or already has, everything on this list.
If you’re looking for some inexpensive gift ideas, you can also check my Gifts for $15 or Less posts.
The Perfect Geeky Gift Ideas
Have you seen these yet? They are the most adorable figurines of characters from movies and TV shows. Some of them even have bobble heads.
Austin has a small collection of these and I even have one (Dr Who 🙂 ).
If your geek also likes to read, there are plenty of fun book options!
- What If: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions. Austin got this book last Christmas and it’s pretty entertaining. The author answers ridiculous questions in a scientific way, like “What if you tried to hit a baseball pitched at 90 percent the speed of light? How fast can you hit a speed bump while driving and live? If there was a robot apocalypse, how long would humanity last?”
- Harry Potter: Illustrated Editions. The classic Harry Potter books are now being released in full color with fabulous illustrations. Only the first two books are currently available since it takes the artist a while to work on each book. Any Harry Potter fan would love to have these special illustrated editions on their shelf (raises hand).
3. Flash Drive
Who couldn’t use a new flash drive? They have a sneaky way of disappearing or wandering off with family or friends who need to borrow them. Ours do at least.
I found some super cool character flash drives that are great (like this R2-D2 one). Plus, no one will mistake it for yours.
If your favorite geek takes their computer with them to classes or to work, they’ve got to have a snazzy computer backpack.
I’ve noticed that they’re quite the thing in bigger cities, especially for businessmen or women who bike or take public transportation to work. Aren’t they way cooler than the basic laptop case?
It’s fun to express yourself in the little things, right? I’ve rounded up a collection of fun geeky mugs for whatever your geek is in to:
- Star Wars Mug: For the dark coffee lover 🙂
- Programming: Austin thinks this CSS mug is hilarious even though I’m not entirely sure why…
6. Subscription Box
There are subscription boxes for absolutely everything! And I mean everything.
There are some awesome geeky subscription boxes. Austin has gotten a few different ones and loved them.
Some great options are:
Loot Crate: Loot Crate offers a few different boxes, including ones that are specifically about gaming, anime, geeky apparel, and even one for geeky pet supplies.
Powered Geek Box: Powered Geek Box usually includes a t-shirt among other cool items from Marvel, Nintendo, DC, Stars Wars, Capcom and others.
Smuggler’s Bounty: Smuggler’s Bounty is the only official Star Wars subscription box. There is a different theme each month and they include Funko Pop figurines in their boxes!
7. Lego Set
For something a little more grown up looking, Lego makes architecture sets which recreate famous building from around the world. They are really cool and include a small booklet about the history or each structure.
Everyone has a favorite movie or ten 🙂
If you know someone’s favorite movie, I’m sure they’d love to get it on DVD or Blu-ray, especially if you can find a special edition with all kinds of special features included.
- Lord of the Rings
- The Hobbit
- Harry Potter
- Iron Man
- The Avengers
- Star Wars: The newest one or the originial trilogy
T-shirts are such a fun gift. There are tons and tons of geeky t-shirts to choose from including subscription boxes that will send a new shirt each month.
I rounded up a few fun shirts to get you started:
GameFly is basically the Netflix of video games. You get to rent video games and keep them for as long as you like before you send them back.
A membership would make a great gift for your favorite gamer.