- You lost your job and need to start making money ASAP so that you can pay those bills.
- You really want to buy the new Nintendo console coming out.
- You want to remodel your bathroom.
- You received a random/unexpected bill that you weren’t planning for and need extra cash.
- You’re making vacation plans and think you’ll want some extra spending money.
You get the idea.
There are plenty of ways to make some extra cash pretty quickly.
Everything on this list has the potential to help make money within a month or less.
9 Ways to Make Money Fast
1. Sell Your Stuff
This is the fastest way (and probably the easiest way) to get some cash. Who doesn’t have a few things the could stand to get rid of?
We sold a whole lot of stuff last summer while we were both unemployed and that extra cash helped a lot!
We’ve sold on Craigslist a few times, but I prefer to sell on Facebook resale sites when possible. The small town we used to live in had multiple Facebook groups that you could join if you lived in the area and people posted all kinds of things to sell. We usually sold things very quickly and for the price we wanted. Plus, it felt safer because you knew who you were dealing with.
I only go through the effort of selling items that are worth $10 or more, but I’ve seen people sell individual pieces of clothing and I’m sure those small amounts really add up.
If you’re trying to sell stuff, I’d definitely see if there are local selling groups to try out if you’re not a big fan of Craigslist.
Babysitting isn’t just for high school students. Everyone wants to have the best possible person looking after their kids and you can make some good money by telling people you’re available.
Let friends and family know that you can babysit, advertise online, or post ads on local bulletin boards. You’ll be making money almost immediately.
You can also get creative with this. I know of some people who advertised to babysit for New Year’s Eve and made a fun event out of it for all of the kids. If parents know that their kids will be having a good time, they’ll love to use your services.
3. Mow Lawns & Shovel Snow
Ask friends and family if they or someone they know might want their lawn mowed or their driveway shoveled. You might be surprised! You can also advertise that’s you’ll do those jobs.
4. Ask for Overtime
If you’ve already got a job, this is so easy!
Take advantage of any overtime possibilities. You might even get paid more than your normal rate.
I know it’s not much fun to think of staying at work for extra time when you’re ready to go home, but that’s money that could be in your pocket.
5. Dog Sit
If you love animals, let people know that you can take care of their pets.
Walking dogs, feeding cats, having them stay at our house… We love our pup like crazy and would want to make sure he was in good hands if we had to leave him.
O look, an excuse to post adorable pictures of my baby 🙂
6. Teach Lessons
You might think “I’m not a teacher, this one is not for me,” but hear me out. I’ve made money teaching lessons and I’m not a teacher.
You probably know something that you could teach to kids or other adults. I’ve done one-on-one lessons in writing and art for my brother-in-law who is homeschooled. I studied those things in college and created some lesson plans for him.
If you play an instrument, you could advertise to teach lessons in that. If you are a good cook, you could teach cooking lessons or do a one-time class.
There are plenty of possibilities here. The key is being confident in your abilities and finding people to teach.
7. Donate Plasma
My mom started doing this and has made some quick money.
I gave plasma in college a few times and it was a good experience.
You can make a good chunk of money regularly with this. In fact, some people consider it their “job” and make sure to go twice a week.
Before you do it the first time, they will do a medical exam and make sure you’re healthy enough to donate.
8. Use Cash Back Apps
These won’t earn you a huge amount of money, but using cash back apps is an easy way to make money on things you’re going to buy anyway.
Here are a few cash back apps that I use:
- Ibotta: The first time you use Ibotta, you’ll get $10 added to your account! From there you can search for rebates on stuff you’re going to buy anyway. Groceries, cleaning products, alcohol… My favorite part is that there are rebates for store brand items and fruits and veggies. Click here to sign up for Ibotta.
- Ebates: I just started using Ebates and I’ve made money with it so quickly. You can earn cash back for thousands of stores! They even have a button you can install on your web browser so that if you’re shopping online at a site that has cash back available, it will pop up and tell you so that you can activate it. It seriously takes almost no effort and makes me money! Click here to start using Ebates.
- Checkout 51: This is another grocery app. Honestly, I like Ibotta more than Checkout 51, but you can use both, so why not? They get new deals each week and you just have to upload your receipt to earn the rebates. Try Checkout 51 here.
9. Make Something to Sell
If you are crafty, why not try to sell what you make?
I know people selling adorable baby headbands, wall art, decorative signs, and cheesecakes!
You don’t even have to have an Etsy site to get started selling stuff crafty. I have many Facebook friends who just show off their skills on Facebook and they have friends and family buying their products.
⇒ How have you made money fast?
Free Customizable Budget and Spending Tracker Spreadsheet
Stress less about your finances today with the spreadsheet I use each month to create our budget and track our spending!