Welcome to The (mostly) Simple Life!
I’m Christine, the owner of this here blog.
I’m so glad you’re here!
The purpose of this site is to help you simplify your life.
When you make areas of your life less complicated, they can become more meaningful and simple. And that’s a wonderful thing!
If you crave simplicity, you’re in the right place.
I write about:
- Creating routines that work for you and that simplify your day
- Easy personal finance and budgeting
- Meal planning and food stuff
- Craft Projects
- Gift Ideas
- To Do Lists
- Health and Fitness
You can look at a bunch of popular posts on my Start Here page.
Most of all, this is a positive place to find ideas to improve and simplify different areas of your life.
Most of the things that I write about aren’t a “one size fits all” kind of thing and my goal is to help you discover what works best for you.
About How This All Got Started
I was a stay at home wife for the first few years of our marriage.
I worked hard to stretch every dollar we had and found ways to save money. I took up sewing and enjoyed making gifts for people and found ways to decorate our home on the cheap. I also learned as much as I could about budgeting and personal finance. So much so that people started asking me for advice!
Later, I transitioned into working full time and realized that I needed to find ways to simplify my routines because I had so much less time on my hands. I started finding ways to do chores faster and prioritize what needed to get done each day since I didn’t have enough energy or time to do it all.
I started working four days a week at a very non-creative job. I really enjoy writing and this blog is an awesome creative outlet for me more than anything. It’s the reason I got started: I wanted to write!
In the spring of 2016 I quit my job to transition into full-time blogging. I felt like I needed much more time to be able to truly succeed at making an income as a blogger. You can read about my first real income report here.
A Bit About Me
I live in West Michigan, have been married for 6 years, and am the proud parent of a 12lb cock-a-poo named Mozzie (like Ozzy, with an M).
I’d also like to disclose a few random facts about myself:
- I get totally geeked out about Harry Potter, Dr. Who, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and all Marvel stuff.
- I work out and I’m pretty passionate about fitness and trying to be healthier (while still eating WAY more pizza than the average person).
- We don’t have kids, and are undecided on if/when we will.
- I am an introvert. Solidly.
- I love taking Mozzie (our dog) for walks, sewing fun stuff, and binge-watching shows on Netflix. Recently: Galavant, Better Off Ted, Parks and Recreation, and rewatching Gilmore Girls for the twentieth time 🙂 .
So, let’s be friends and chat and learn from each other. Mmm K?